Meaningful projects and relationships are at the core of César Giraldo's business, and with a client roster that includes the Marriott Taiwan and various Wolfgang Puck venues, it's safe to say Giraldo has built a name for himself in the worlds of architecture and interiors. As the head of interior design at Tag Front, Giraldo fuses functionality and style, applying his expert vision to bring clients' dreams to life. This year, Giraldo will curate and design a co-op exhibition of member design brands at the annual WestEdge Design Fair November 3 - 6. Learn more about the designer in our Q&A below.
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My parents. I was very fortunate to have been raised by two loving parents.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
A Single Man. I love the set because it was intimate, well-curated and filled with poetry.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
I let them take the stage, so I’m able to observe and listen.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
I love to integrate contemporary designs with mid-century modern pieces.
5. How do you completely unwind?
I go hiking every day.
6. If you hadn't become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
I worked setting up parties for major brands across the country, and I didn’t like being away from Los Angeles.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Oyster mushroom tacos: Saute the Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, Thai chilis, and garbanzo beans. Add the ingredients to a homemade corn tortilla. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle cilantro.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
Marcio Kogan—love his aesthetics.
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
14. Best restaurant in your area?
Where is it? Cafe Stella in Silver Lake.